A beautiful blend of french charm & english elegance
Covid 19 – A Safe Place to Stay
The health and safety of our guests is always our top priority. Accordingly, a range of health and safety measures have been implemented in keeping with the guidelines of the World Health Organisation, as well as those of the National and Regional Health Authorities:
- A Guest Booklet will be sent via email prior to your stay with all the information required for your stay
- Contactless check-in is available if preferred and social distancing will be observed by your hosts
- The gite, including all high-touch surfaces and objects will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly between guests
- All linens are washed above 60 degrees
- Cleaning products & hand sanitiser are provided
Le Pigeonnier is located in a rural hamlet set in 6 acres of private land with an outdoor swimming pool. The facilities are for the exclusive use of our guests only.
We understand that travelling at these times can be uncertain and we aim to be as flexible as possible by offering you a rebooking guarantee. Many cancellation insurance policies do not pay if you cancel due to a pandemic, leaving you without a holiday and out of pocket. This is why we want to give you the opportunity to re-schedule your holiday. You are entitled to the rebooking guarantee if one of the following measures applies as a result of COVID-19:
1. On the day of departure, France may not be entered for holiday purposes for residents of the country where you live.
2. On the day of departure, the country where you live may not be left for holiday purposes.
3. On the day of departure, a transit country may not be crossed for holiday purposes and an alternative itinerary cannot reasonably be asked of you.
The cancellation must be made as soon as reasonably possible and the new booking must be made within twelve months.
We hope this has put your mind at ease so you can relax and enjoy your stay here at Le Mas. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
make a reservation
Be our guest
You can reach us by plane, train or car!
By Plane – Only one hour and thirty minutes on the plane from the UK. The Nearest Airports are:
Bordeaux – 1 hour
- La Rochelle – 1hr 30
- Limoges – 2 hours
By Car – a lovely way to travel and see other parts of France en route. Travelling by Ferry and Eurotunnel the journey times are below:
Calais to Le Mas, Verrieres is 8-9 hours (including lunch and toilet breaks)
By Rail – Nearest train stations are:
Angouleme – 45 minutes
- Bordeaux – 1hr 20minutes
- Cognac – 20 minutes
- Jonzac – 30 minutes